20.11.08

What. The. Fuck.
OR: Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

I wasn't going to blog today, but then this fell into my lap.




I first saw this thinking it was satirical, and for a while, I thought it was one of the best things I'd ever seen. If this were a parody, it would be absolutely hysterical.
But, yeah, it isn't.

I'm having trouble even finding the words for this.
A lot of times, I can understand a bands appeal even if I don't like them. But this...It's like someone took everything that's wrong with music and youth culture in 2008 and combined them all into a 4 minute assault on all that's right with the world.
The only way I think it would be more infuriating is if they all wore bluetooth headsets and there was a verse done by Avril Lavigne, during which the other guys get into blackface and vote Republican.

To quote Eric Cartman from last week's South Park "Alright, thats it. I give up. If thats what's popular now, I'm going home to kill myself".

1 comment:

  1. auto-tune has finally jumped the shark. thanks cher! sorry kanye!

    ReplyDelete