11.6.08

Layout Woes OR: I don't care about the baby with the back penis...

After setting up my account, I spent the first little while dicking around with Blogger's templates. I understand why the Blogspot people want to make layouts easier; because with everyone and their parole officer starting a blog, it needs to be easy for grannies who don't know how to construct HTML Frames to put up posts about Worthers Originals or how the nurses are stealing their money.
Unfortunately for anyone with even a passing knowledge of web design and an imagination, it makes it really constrictive and frustrating.

As it stands now I have something of a scaled down (practical?) version of the grandiose design I had in my head, I'll probably be slowly implementing more and more dumb ideas into it, but for now I kind of dig the stark black and white and Helvetica.
Simplicity is the new fanny pack.

(Fun fact: In the UK, "Fanny" means pretty much the opposite of what it means here, Try it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment