20.6.08

The Trooth OR: I Can't Feel My Face

So, four of my wisdom teeth were yanked out of my head Wednesday.
Surprisingly enough, my face didn't balloon up like Abobo
, and save for a little wooziness and insatiable cravings for solid foods, things are coming up alot more Milhouse than I may have imagined. The people at The Experience Project are either James Frey-ing up their stories, or are total wussies.

The only bummers so far are the drugs; or more the days-long drug haze they put me in. That and my Mashed Potatoes and Kraft Dinner diet leaves alot to be desired.
Oh, and the whole first day I was unable to feel the left side of my face. No biggie.

I was going to take before and after jaw-swelling pictures, but it never happened.

Oh Hey! As I'm writing this, the doorbell rang, and a friendly delivery man from the unknown-to-me DHL Express company had an over-night express envelope with my name on it, from Santa Monica. "Been There!" the Delivery man gloated, as he had me chicken scratch "MaTT" on his contraption. "Beautiful Area!"
"Damn, that Madonna fan on eBay must have taken my threats seriously" I thought to myself, thinking the package was an exeedingly late payment for some Madge-Merch I was selling. As it turns out, it was a care package from the Jackass Guys!


Thanks,
Jackassworld.com!
Oh, and SAVE JACKASS WORLD!
(Evidently they're in danger of losing funding...not from over-night postage costs I hope...haha)



One thing I've been meaning to write about was Tuesday evening's activities. Mark and I went and saw Vancouver sensations
Aspirations (whoa, rhymes). Here's a review!

Aspirations
June 17th, 2008 - The Bovine


Their stage set-up took about 30 seconds to set up, basically plugging the laptop into the PA and playing a few seconds, and they were ready. But as they were about to begin, I noticed something missing. There were 2 dudes mic checking. Then the music started and one of them said "Whats up, we're Aspirations!" and they went into the first song "10729 King George Hwy".
"Wow, the girl singer has really let herself go!" I quipped to a friend of mine.
As it turns out, The girl half of the band is a nurse at a children's hospital and is under strict contract to be there, and thus can't tour. Bummer. The contrasting guy/girl vocals was pretty much my favorite aspect of the band.
Her parts played through the Laptop with her male replacement singing along sometimes, and other times not. He could best be described as the lead singer's hype man. The Flava Flav to his Chuck D, the Spliffstar to his Busta Rhymes, etc. I think he was kind of just up there to keep the dude company.
Past that setback, all 15 minutes or so of their 4-song set was really enjoyable. The songs are really top notch, and the set was very high energy, lackluster live presentation notwithstanding.


(L-R - 1/2 of Aspirations, Some Guy)

More Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment