25.6.08

Putting the "F" back in "Art".

It seems the last few years has seen the mainstream art world becoming more and more accepting of "Street Art", thanks to the work of such visionaries as Obey's Shepard Fairey and the enigmatic Banksy. Never one to shy away from a little culture, I thought I would shed my (albeit small) spotlight on a street artist I recently discovered. His medium looks to be a container of White-Out on a stretch of street by my house, which I pass on my way to work. His abstract expressionist pouring style, coupled with a flair for surrealist anatomy, has led me to dub him "Jackson Pollcock" (seeing as "Prickaso" was already taken). Lets have a look, shall we?

This first piece, you can see a true artists, who hasn't quite found his voice yet. Still shotty with the technique, but in contrast with his later work, you can see what his artistic eye is trying to achieve.
This next one is leaps ahead of it's predecessor, with a clear objective and almost surrealist take on it's subject.

I feel this piece is truly the best representation of this young artists work. This almost takes on an naturalist realism, daring the viewer to experience it's beauty. Note the precise spherical balls, the attention to detail in the urethra. What does this piece say to YOU?
This is where Jackson Pollcock WENT FOR IT. As you can see this piece is on a far grander scale than anything we've seen previous. But alas, here is the confines of this particular medium; He seems to have run out of White-Out before any of the beautiful details that made his last work so brilliant could be added.

In closing, Make sure to take the time and appreiciate fine art while you still can. As for these particular pieces, sadly I saw the owner of the neighboring properity doing his best to clean them off this evening. But, for a scant 24 hours, Jackson Pollcock was appreiciated for his groundbreaking art. Kudos sir. Kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment