10.6.08

Coming Late to the Party,,,

So I figured I should write some sort of intro to this thing before I just start posting whatever inane thoughts come into my head along with videos of people getting kicked in the balls. Before it ultimately becomes an entry into my collection of unfinished projects. I guess I should start by saying that I realize that I'm way late to the party in regards to the whole "Blogging" thing.

Not to get all cantankerous, but I don't even like Blogs. I definitely hate the word "Blog". The only Blogs I read are people who's work I enjoy in another medium, and as I result am curious to peek into their personal spot on the internet. But these are the minority in the I-Refuse-to-use-the-term-"Blogesphere". Most blogs suck.

But there's no denying they're here to stay. Blogs have turned gossipy queens into this generation's Joan Rivers, and a Blogger recently won an Oscar for best writer.
It's safe to say if it ever was a "fad" it's long over.
So maybe that's why I feel okay about writing one now? It's not exactly like you can say I'm hopping on the bandwagon. Or am I?

Personally, I've had various permutations over the years, but they were always very "anti-blog", or atleast that's how I would justify them. "If I don't talk about myself ever, it's not like one of those stupid emo blogs" I'd say. I would hope it would go without saying that I won't be talking about how my life is an infinite abyss of sorrow (because it is! sob.) and won't contain deep contemplative posts regarding ceramic hair straighteners. But, atleast to some degree, I will be talking about ME.
Which, I'm still not 100% comfortable with.

Exam Question - Writer A decides to not write a blog, as much as he/she'd probably enjoy working on it, because they're more or less convinced that nobody gives a shit, and furthermore believes people who harbor delusions that anyone cares what they have to say are in love with themselves and should die in hotel fires.
Writer B decides to write a blog because, while he/she is also convinced that nobody cares, he/she doesn't care that nobody cares.
Which writer cares less, and is thus, you know, cooler?


Right now, I guess I'm rolling with B. Although I still haven't decided which is the better viewpoint. It seems like the more you scream "I don't give a fuuuckk!!" it becomes more and more apparent to anyone with a brain who's listening just how much of a fuck you do indeed give. So lets get lame. Fuck it, Might be fun.

So, here I am, a decade or so late to the party...Hey, is that booze, you know...for anyone?

- m.


ps. Here's some things that have been amusing me lately, including, as promised, a man being kicked in the balls.

The Fight Face (featuring Andrew WK)

Johnny Knoxville helps a newly sober Steve-O atone

Jon Favreau answers Fan Questions about IronMan 2, Avengers, Ghostface & More.


No comments:

Post a Comment